Wedding Contests! Can you actually win, How to Enter, and how to avoid Scams!

Hi Foxy Brides! Happy Wednesday! I was super excited while scrolling through my Facebook feed to see my name on this post from MyRegistry.com stating I was the week's Mystery Monday Winner. It was a simple contest, Sofia Vegera's face was blurred out and we had to guess who was the lucky recipient of that stunning engagement ring.  This is my second prize that I have claimed entering contest and I'm going to tell you where to find them, how to avoid scams/ phony prizes,  and what to expect upon winning. For those of you curious the other prize I won was a beautiful handcrafted leather men's toiletry bag from Mr. Lentz:
What Can You Win? Prizes can vary from contest to contest but some of the most common prizes I have come across include wedding gowns, gift cards, flowers, Photo & Videography packages, Honeymoon Packages, bridesmaid dresses, guest books, invitations, and accessories such as veils or hair clips. You also don't have to enter strictly wedding contests to win stuff for your wedding- winning two round trip air tickets can just as easily be used towards you honeymoon for instance. Or winning something like a free grocery store gift card can let you buy groceries for the week and then put aside the money you would have spent on groceries towards your wedding.

How To Enter/ Find Contests
  1. Bridal Shows/ Expos This source of contest is probably the one people are most familiar with. Almost every show gives away door prizes, and a grand prize. The last show I went to was offering flight tickets, a DJ, flowers, etc quite a big package for a bride to be. Usually the catch is you have to stay through the whole event and be present at the drawing to win. I usually visit the vendors I need, then sit myself down with some of the free food and play on my phone until the end. 
  2. Social Media Social Media is a great way to find contests and sweepstakes. I have entered enough now that Facebook has started advertising them to me- which helps me find more. The best way to find these is to start following companies you are interested in on Facebook, and Instagram. With Twitter it's a bit easier as you can search #giveaway, #weddingcontest, etc.

Comments