Wedding Thrift Haul

So this is a day late but my new favorite thrift shop, Worthwhile Thrift, has a 50% off sale the 2nd Saturday and 4th Thursday of the month at their Doyelstown location. When I remember I try to go to browse for items for my wedding. Check out my haul, for all the items in the cart above, I paid $12 and some change.

  1. Lennox Unity Champagne Glasses for our toasts- $6 for all 3!
  2. This precious candle holder that we will spray paint gold to match our colors- $1
  3. This beautiful beaded clutch for the bride (that's me!) $4
  4. Not really a wedding purchase, but the fabric underneath it all is a cute skirt from old navy and cost 50¢!
For my Foxy Brides out there who aren't yet hitting up the thrift shop for their shop here are some awesome reasons to wander into your nearest and dearest thrift shop:
https://www.hercampus.com/school/ps-behrend/how-thrift-shop-pt-1-stores
  1. Save some$$$ You can save BIG cash buying second hand for your wedding- hello look above, Lennox for $6 for three pieces? Or if you don't want to buy your wedding items second hand, you can buy other items you need for your daily life, and use the money you saved to put towards your wedding.
  2. Be Green In addition to saving some money, you can help save the planet. Each item bought at a thrift shop is one less item that is made from raw materials. It's really sad to think about the items that are bought for a wedding that might only see that one use and then are discarded. Most items deserve a second chance to shine and with your new BFF spray paint you can make pretty much anything match your color scheme. 
  3. Support a good cause Most thrift stores support great causes (not all so if this is your primary reason for shopping make sure you check beforehand). Worthwhile Thrift, featured in my above haul, uses their proceeds to combat human trafficking. 
  4. Bonus reason You can sing Mackelmore while you shop!
Let me know what items you've purchased for your wedding at a thrift shop in the comments below. Did you get your dress, your shoes, your jewelry, your bridal party gifts? Also, if you know of any good ones in the greater Philadelphia area, I love discovering new thrift shops. Coming soon in a future post, I'll detail my favorite thrift shops in the area. 

Comments